Halloween


As a child Halloween used to be one of my favorite Holidays. The anticipation always began around this time of the year, the first days of October. Although Halloween is not until the end of October, the trill of Halloween arises when stores and houses are ornament with pumpkins, candy, spider webs, scary faces and costumes. In America, Halloween is a time for celebration and superstition. As a child you trick-or -treat to houses around you're neighborhood to get an abundance of candy. Others celebrate Halloween through haunted houses and costume parties. As a child, my friends and I would congregate at someones house in our supreme new costumes and gallivant house to house for candy. Halloween is known for being spooky and scary. When I was a child, my friends and I found amusement to make up spine-chilling stories about the "creepy" houses we would trick- or - treat to. This has always been one of my favorite holidays to celebrate because I love superstition, candy and dressing up.

Vocabulary:

1. Anticipation- expectation or predication
2. Arises- begin and become apparent
3. Ornament- decorate
4. Superstition- fear of the unknown
5. Congregate- come together
6. Supreme- new
7. Gallivant- move around place to place
8. Amusement- fun
9. Spine-chilling- scary/ spooky

Halloween 


IICADGGUBEWANIG
QYPINNVOWBCOFAE
CRMLPIPTXVIWLTM
OOUKBLGGNTQLYCE
NFLPKLCUAEIWEXR
GYNCFIEPKVMSSOP
RNNJSHIXAVIABEU
EGXTQCTNERBRNXS
GCJTIETSAUJZZRA
ANYTTNEMESUMAVO
TGNMHINFPDWQOGD
EAESUPERSTITION
BOXHTSPUPCVOJSP
QZRRUQPGEKTQQHK
CGSMXZJLSUWNZUH

AMUSEMENTANTICIPATIONARISE
CONGREGATEGALLIVANTORNAMENT
SPINE-CHILLINGSUPERSTITIONSUPREME


Grammar Point- When writing in the past tense, you write about something that already happened. In the Halloween post, I spoke about how I enjoyed Halloween as a child. That is the past tense. Phrases like "when I was a child I would" shows that this was something that had already happened. Adding and "d" or "ed" to the ending of a word puts it in the past tense as well as words like saw, went, were.

Write a paragraph in the past tense on your favorite Holiday or celebration.



Comments

  1. Fine entry on Halloween! Be aware that it is controversial among immigrants, and many are scared or offended by it for religious or other reasons.

    I really like your vocabulary list and grammar point. You could add the term "trick or treat" because that would be a new one for them too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment