All About Me


My name is Nicole Faele. I was born on February 4th, 1994. That makes me 23 years old. I have brown hair and hazel eyes. A fun fact about me is that all but two members of my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents) have hazel colored eyes. I have one sister who is 26 years old.  I am from a sizable family. I have 11 cousins on both sides on my family. I went to college to complete my undergraduate degree at SUNY Cortland where I studied Childhood Education. I graduated in December of 2016. This makes me a certified teacher for grades 1-6. Teaching is my passion. My second grade teacher inspired me to become a teacher and from age 8 it has always been my dream. I am now currently teaching and in my opinion it is the best job. I am now enrolled in the TESOL Graduate Program at Molloy College. I became interested in TESOL during my student teaching. I was placed in two different English as a New Language Classes. Having over twenty ENL students in my classes opened my eyes to something new and challenging in education. I am hardworking, passionate, fun, creative and always looking for adventure. I hope to bring these assets into my classroom to become the best teacher I could be. 

Vocabulary:

1. Hazel- brown-green- blue eye color
2. Sizable- large
3. Undergraduate Degree- a student in college who did not yet receive their Bachelor's Degree
4. Certified- Possession of certain qualifications
5. Passion- strong emotion
6. Inspired- influenced
7. Enrolled- a member of
8. TESOL- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
9. ENL- English as a new Language
10. Assets- qualities of a person

Match the vocabulary word to the correct meaning

1. TESOL                                           a. brow- green- blue eye color

2.Certified                                          b. large

3. Assets                                             c. student in college who did not receive a Bachelors Degree

4. Sizable                                           d. possession of certain qualifications

5. Enrolled                                         e. strong emotion

6. Hazel                                              f. influenced

7. ENL                                               g. a member of

8. Inspired                                         h. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

9. Passion                                          i.  English as a New Language

10. Undergraduate Degree               j. qualities of a person

Grammar: First person narrative writing is used typically when writing an autobiography. Words like "I", "we", "me", "us" are typically used.

Directions: Write a paragraph in the first person narrative about yourself.

Comments